Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Would Never Waste Money on Biore Pore Strips Again

Elmer's Glue vs Biore Pore Strips.

Yesterday while sipping my morning coffee, I began my morning ritual and ventured onto the twitterverse. It was an early and relatively uneventful morning, until I happened upon this tweet:


CocktailDeeva
7:21am, Mar 25 from HootSuite
I have plaster my nose in white glue....supposed to clean my pores..not sure about that..but 100% sure it makes me feel like an ASS

Hello! Not being one to let an opportunity slip through my finger tips. I put my coffee down and read the tweet again (slower).

The tweet looks random enough... and it has all the requirements. It's within the 140 character limitation, it's provocative, informative and (let's hope) funny.  More importantly, it generating a response.  It's the perfect tweet!

As funny as it was to imagine someone slathering Elmer’s Glue on them, I couldn't get past it. Immediately, I was hooked. It felt like, the times, when you slow down to drive by an accident, with the anticipation of sneaking a peek.  I was mesmerized and compelled to know what happened.

So I responded:


javilabbe
7:22am, Mar 25 from TweetDeck
@CocktailDeeva let me know how it turns out. It could be the subject of my next post on "If I knew then... What I know now" blog

I thought to myself, this might be one of those “If I knew then…”moments.

@CocktailDeeva replies:

@javilabbe LMAO..for real..? that is too funny...Will Do..do u need a pic?? ewwww LMAO

I figured she’ll try it out – no harm no foul. I have plenty of time to check this out...  
I replied back:


javilabbe
7:26am, Mar 25 from TweetDeck
Sure, I think it's hilarious RT @CocktailDeeva:@javilabbe LMAO..for real..? that is too funny...Will Do..do u need a pic?? ewwww LMAO

So in the meantime, I went on Google to search”Elmer’s Glue for Skin Treatments.” I was shocked at all the references for using Elmer’s Glue as a facial product and to clean your pores.  @CocktailDeeva is vindicated, This crazy idea might not be that far fetched.

The sites gave detailed instructions for using the Elmer’s Glue as a facial mask and as an alternative to Biore Pore Strips.  

For example:

This substitute peel-off mask idea comes from Looking Good Newsletter:

You know those strips you can buy to remove blackheads and dirt from your face? Yep, they're not cheap. There is another way to achieve the same results and at a cost of pennies, or less. It's Elmer's Glue. You heard me, good old fashioned Elmer's Glue that most of us grew up using for one thing or another.

Apply a layer of glue on your face, concentrating on the nose area if that is a problem area for you. Let it dry completely and peel off as you would with a peel-off mask. Rinse what residue doesn't come off when peeling. Feel your skin. Pretty nice… huh? Follow with a toner if you like.

Elmer's Glue disclaimer: When using Elmer's Glue as a beauty treatment, one should make sure they are not allergic to the product. While I don't know the statistics of "Elmer's Glue allergy," there is a chance that someone, somewhere, is allergic to the stuff. Also, I would like to add that when applying glue to your face, it is not advisable to apply glue anywhere near the eyes to prevent the possibly hazardous "Glued Eye Syndrome." Likewise - for the mouth area.

Truth be told, I personally have no experience with Biore strips, pores on my nose or facials.  What interests me is if it works, then potentially, you could save yourself a pretty penny (hahaha, get it?).

For all those people who were as curious. We have news...  

The results:

@javilabbe So the glue on the nose actually worked..dried, pealed off & took some yuck with it..and my nose feels nice & smooth..face next?

You may rest easy, for you now know the following:  There is empirical proof confirming you can use Elmer’s Glue, in lieu of pricey pore strips and facials, for clean pores and smooth skin.




For those who wanted to know what it looks like to actually put Elmer's Glue on your nose, in real life.  Here is CocktailDeeva doing just that.


She said "IT WORKS!"


Who knew... 


I reposted this on my blog because I couldn't add Dee's picture.


To visit her website http://www.cocktaildeeva.com/

7 comments:

  1. hahah pity funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing this for over 20 years...I'm 57 years old and my skin is pretty much perfect...is it the glue or just good genes???? Who knows!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done this o many times and not just on my nose and it works :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use it and it works great! Skin is soft and my pores are smaller after using. Deeper blackheads may need a little extra help. For the price of a small bottle of Elmer's Glue (non-toxic, washable) which will last forever as opposed to Biore strips.....no brainer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ELMERS + SLIVERS = NO MORE SLIVERS! :)

    (caps had been to get your attention)

    ReplyDelete